Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A ramble about today

So, today Jonathan had an appointment with a pediatric psychiatrist to confirm his diagnosis of Asperger's, and she did! Talk about a weight off my shoulders! For so long, I have known he was different, and I always thought it was something that I did to screw him up. I thought I did something wrong, or raised him wrong, and made him act the way he does, resistant to change, keeping strict routines, awkward in social situations, and so on. I thought I was a bad mom. This confirmation of an AS diagnosis is a relief to me.

That was our morning. We came home, and it seemed silly to send him back to school for a few hours in the afternoon. Steve went back to work and we just sat around the house. After school we played outside with the neighbors, which included a water fight for the kids. I had my camera with me but did I take any pictures? No. Duh, me!

Dinner was shake & bake extra crispy chicken, stuffing and corn, with brownies for dessert. Jonathan picked them out at the store today and Katie helped me make them. We did homework & the kids took showers, and off to bed they went. I made some cards, which is my new thing. it is fun to handmake pretty cards using decorative papers and rubber stamps.

Steve came home, and it is trash day tomorrow so we put out the trash and recycling. He is asleep now, and I want to be, but I am restless, and also I have to get up and use the bathroom about six times a night, so I don't get much sleep. So I am sitting here typing and I felt the baby move again, twice in a row this time! Hello baby! He or she does not like me sitting up like this (cross legged) and so he or she protests. It was the same last week.

What else? Katie has a field trip tomorrow and I picked two ticks off the dog! Woo!

OK I am going to sleep now. Night, y'all.

No comments: