Thursday, July 03, 2008

Cleaning house

So today Steve and I spent about 5 hours cleaning one room of the house. Deep cleaning/detailing. One might tentatively call it moving prep, but if we end up not moving, well, at least a ton of crap will have gotten purged from the house. Besides throwing out stuff we don't need, we are also making piles of stuff to donate to charity, or to give to specific people. Yay for our own personal version of "Clean House." That's the show where they do the toss keep & sell piles right? Close enough.

In between cleaning sessions, we went out to lunch, then to the bookstore where I got a book called One Skein Wonders. I have tons of spare odds & ends balls of yarn, and I was excited to get the book. Then I read it and whoa, do I have some knitting skills to pick up. I already have Stitch N Bitch, so it can teach me how to do more stitches, so I can complete these projects.

We also went through Target to get some plastic storage for the kids' crap. I will have to go back and get two more, but oh well. Like a trip to Target is a hardship? I will wait until after Sunday so that I can see what else is on sale.

Steve went to Best Buy to spend his reward bucks before they expired, and I went browsing through the craft store. I decided on a whim to go to Bath & Body Works. Holy sale, Batman! I was able to restrain myself, even though it seemed most of the store was 75-90% off. I just know that I have tons of bath products that I am trying to work my way through. But I loved the scent of the Enchanted Orchid lotion. And I got a Mango Mandarin glycerin soap. I have always loved that scent and I can't wait to finish this post, pump and then go shower with it. It smells *that* good. I also got a cloth bag, regularly $15.00, for $1.50! Whee! I am cheap so I was over the moon!

We came back home and skipped diner because our lunch out was kind of late. I fed the baby, Steve put her to bed and back to cleaning we went. Yay for feeling productive!

That's about it for now. Unless I give a rundown of what we do tomorrow, I will just say Happy Independence Day, now, y'all!

No comments: