Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Things to do when you're bored

So it's snowing today, and that means I am trapped, bored senseless in the house. The baby is asleep and yeah I could clean the house, but no. I call my neighbor and tell her to poke her head out the door. Why? To see if she can hear the music I have jacked up quite loudly in my car. I turned the car on, cranked it up, and shut the door. The trees are empty of the leaves which provided insulation from noise. The snow makes for nice acoustics also. You can hear your neighbors talking on their porch when all is still. So I thought for sure, she could hear my song. And she did.

Yes, I am a dork. The weird things you think of when you're bored, right? And she said her dog was cocking her head at the noise. She could hear it but had no idea where it was coming from. Sorry Lola-dog, Miss Jenn is crazy.

What song, you ask? Crank That/Soulja Boy. Hey, it said crank it, so I did. It has a nice beat that makes me want to shake my butt. Thankfully I do that behind closed curtains. My neighbors don't need to see a butt of my large size shaking, no matter how dance-worthy the song.

I like to put my mp3 player in my ears and shimmy around the house. It makes the kids laugh at me. I like to dance. However I am no good at it, hence the high comedy.

I made a new recipe last night and it tasted awful. No one complained, though, which makes me suspicious. How many other times has my family pretended to like my cooking? *sigh* Maybe they liked it? The kids ate it, they didn't just push it around on their plates or anything. So maybe I am the only one who thought it tasted like crap. I don't know if Steve ate since I was in the shower by the time he finally got home. When I got out of the shower, he had scraped the crockpot and put it to soak. So he probably thought it tasted like the smell of vomit, and cleaned the pot to avoid leftovers.

I knew I would be making crock pot meals and I bought crock pot liners for easy cleanup. Then I forgot to use one. Duh. In other news, my puppy started chewing my couch yesterday. Bad dog! She has tons of chew toys in a basket on the floor and she goes and pulls them out all the time. But yesterday I caught her gnawing away on my couch. Little dork. But today she pooped outside! Good girl! Never a dull moment.

The baby is going to want to eat soon, so I'll close this for now.

No comments: